Follow Me

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life Is Beautiful

That is what is printed on the pattern paper.  This is the second card I did for the Inspiration Showcase Techniques online class.  It is called Patterned Paper Trapped Embossed Resist.  The pattern is trapped behind the stamped image.  And guess what ----  no Copic markers.  ;) 
  I started out with a base of SU Pumpkin pie.  I took SU Lavish Lace and smeared Versamark Ink all over it and stamped on top of the pattern paper.  Used my heat gun to heat set the Versamark and then took Ranger Wild Honey Distress Ink and spread that all over the top and then took a dry cloth and wiped off the excess ink.  Wasn't sure what to do with it and found these pretty Prima flowers that looked great with it.  I took my new Shapeabilities Foliage and cut out a spray of leaves and adheared them both to the front of the card.  With the words on the pattern paper, it didn't need a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by.  Would love to see your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Maggie. Love the colors you chose. I'm not sure I'd have thought to use the Wild Honey with it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there is no Copic markers involved in this card! I love my Copics but sometimes it is so nice to make a card without having to do all that coloring. Gorgeous fall creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! No Copic markers! I like the spirit of trying new tech! The background looks professional. :D Nice autumn colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, loving the added texture on the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!