Follow Me

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Perfect Sentiments Friendship Challenge

I love the colors that were chosen using this photo to make the card shown on the website.  http://perfectsentimentschallenge.blogspot.com/


I thought I'd combine it with the My Favorite Things Challenge #41.
 
I started out with SU Early Espresso for the card base.  The dp is Basic Gray Figgy Pudding.  I love BG.  I stamped the sentiment with Memento Black on SU Very Vanilla and then used my Copics (BG000, BG11, and BG45) to color in the Friends.  I punched out 2 flowers using SU Boho Blossoms punch out of the Figgy Pudding dp and adhered them to the sentiment panel using 2 Vanilla brads.  I sponged around the panel using SU Cool Carribean and layered it on top of the base dp layer.




For the base (inside of the card), I cut a piece of the Very Vanilla c/s and layered it on the base and then put a strip of Recollections Boutique Fleur trim across the edge.  A good card's got to have bling, so I put 3 little Martha Stewart rhinestones up in the corner.   That's it!

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Maggie this is a beautiful easel card I love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent Margaret!! Your choice of using an easel card was brilliant!! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Maggie, beautiful!!! i love easel cards :) this one turned out great - and i love the sketch too! thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, you did a beautiful job on your card! I love your take on the photo - doing the stripes as well as the colors. Your choice of dp made it just out of this world! I love BG, too. It certainly went well with your SU. Your flowers and your inking are the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us again this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your easel card! Your patterned paper is a perfect choice for the design. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Maggie- two weeks in a row you have wow'd us! This card is awesome! That easel card is amazing and your choices of colors and patterns are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along at THe Perfect Sentiment. You did a terrific job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the paper and sentiment! Nice vintage looking easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love this! I love cards that are different! I totally have to try the easel card thing! The different papers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the easel card! The colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interpretation of the inspiration pic. Love the easel card. The sentiment is perfect for the occasion. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what pretty card thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiments challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and awesome interpretation! You Rock! Thanks for popping in on my blog! I'm trying to update all that old info now! thanks again for pointing it out!

    Raina
    inkinginpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie ... I'll tell ya again ... I just love this card. I love the colors, the layout, and the style. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Maggie! Love the colors that inspired you & that fold you used....very nice work my friend & TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Margaret, your easel card is gorgeous!!!!!
    I love the papers you used.
    Thank You very much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!