Follow Me

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Funky Felines

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I've posted anything on my blog.  Well, I have been busy with various things.

Today is Teapot Tuesday and I've got a funny, whimsical card for a fellow Pennsylvanian which is where I was born and raised.  Amy is a college student and when she went to get checked out to see if she had meningitis, she found out that instead of that, she had leukemia.  She's been in the hospital for a few weeks dealing with some issues related to this disease, but hopes to be going home shortly and I hope that she'll be able to continue her studies.
I thought this would bring a smile to her face.

The image is Funky Felines from The Angel Company. It's been sitting around my stamp room for a long time not being used.  The layout is for the iheartstamps.com January Sketch challenge.


The base is SU Cherry Cobbler and the dp is Basic Gray Lime Rickey paper pad.  The ribbon (which I love) is from Bowdabra (Thank you Sarah - it was perfect for this), and  I used my Marvey circle punch and scallop punch.

I colored the image with my Copic markers -- B0000; BG000, BG01, BG02; YG06, YG13, YG25; YR01, YR02, YR16; R37, R39, R59; Y13, Y18.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all your comments very much.  Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie how super cute, bright and happy...yes it is "purrfect " for Amy.... glad you had fun making it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Sure to make Amy smile. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking over your blog this morning and I just realized I missed a shout-out! *slaps forehead* :-) Hope all is well, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I was wondering when you were going to notice that! All is fabulous. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet card, Maggie! I'm sure the recipient will be so blessed! Thanks of joining us at SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!