Follow Me

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Teapot Tuesday 214

It's NOT Tuesday you say!  No, it's not Tuesday.  In fact, it will be Thursday by the time you see this card.   I haven't had the opportunity to play along with TPT for a few weeks now, but was so happy to be able to play in this one for a couple of reasons.

The lady who our cards are going to was in a head on collision with another car that strayed into her lane of traffic and she was severely injured.  They weren't sure she was going to make it, but with her will and determination she is fighting back.  She's in rehab and probably will be for some time because walking is an issue, although she can eat on her own and talk.  If you'd like to join in, here is a link to the story and the lady's address where to send the cards.

This hits very close to home since about 3 years ago, my younger brother was a victim of road rage and was forced off the road into a concrete highway barrier and suffered multiple injuries that have left him paralyzed from the neck down.  I have been so amazed that he has not let this get him down or keep him from doing things that he loves to do.  In fact, he and my SIL are on a cruise this week which I think is fabulous!  Yes, there have been many changes in his life, but he was not one to sit down and pity himself and say "Why me"?  He has accepted his lot in life and has gone on from there.

So much for my story to you.  Here now is the card that I created for Brenda.
And I also wanted to show you the inside.  I couldn't find a place for the sentiment on the outside, so I stamped it inside the card.
If you can't read it so well, it says, "Miracles are everywhere; you'll find them in the tiniest moments of every ordinary day."  I thought this was very fitting for the occasion.

Materials Used:
  • Image - My Craft's Meow - Butterfly Kisses
  • Sentiment - Lili of the Valley
  • Cardstock - SU Marigold Morning; SU Whisper White; Daffodil Delight
  • Designer Paper - Prima - Zephyr collection
  • Ink - SU Daffodil Delight; Memento Black
  • Martha Stewart small butterfly punches
  • Flower - Recollections
  • Lace trim - from my stash
  • Pearls - Recollectins
Well, that's it.  I did use MOJO242 Sketch for my card.

I will be submitting this card to the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Use a Flower
Digistamps4Joy - Colors of Spring
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Things with Wings
Papelitos Stamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes

That's all for tonight!  Gotta get the beauty rest.  Thanks again for coming by my blog, I certainly appreciate your time.

19 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and such a sad sad story! So sorry to hear these stories- I worked in ICU for many years and know what the families go through. It is heartwarming to hear your brother- with his situation- keeps his chin up- good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Wow- your blog and all your cards are looking awesome! Thanks for stopping by to see me today. I am sorry I have been MIA for a bit; Summer has been keeping me crazy busy! But tomorrow school starts again so I am hoping to get back in the swing of things and will try to visit you more often. I can see I have really missed out on some beautiful work you have done! I'll be doing a blog give away soon- just wanted to give you a "heads up" :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card ..gorgeous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! A very touching & sad story about Brenda. And a very inspirational story about your brother & his family. Love the card and the colors you used. The inside is lovely as well. It's sure to touch her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... and so cheery! It should make her smile, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie....Brenda is going to love her card! And what a beautiful way to show another human being that there are people in this world like you that love all. You are just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH how perfect Maggie, yes I remember when you shared your story...So happy to hear that he is staying strong emotionally as well as physically...

    I love that sentiment...is it a stamp? or computer generated??

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is not only a beautiful card but the verse is so fitting! I'm sure it will bring much joy to the lady receiving it. Thank you for sharing such a personal story about your brother...so glad to hear he has taken a positive attitude & is coping so well with his injury. Good for him going on a cruise....that's awesome!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love all the yellow and image! fabulous card - inside and out.

    Kudos to your brother too! I know they're having a wonderful time on the cruise.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Maggie & thanks for the link! I'll be making her a card & hope it brightens her day...TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie-I'm so sorry about your brother. How awful. So glad he's fighting for a "normal" life!

    Love this card & the lady getting it is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utterly beautiful, Maggie! Incredible sentiment, too. Thanks for the link to her story and for sharing about your brother. What an inspiration he must be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card Margaret. This would bring a smile to anyone. I am also glad to hear your brother is doing well and enjoying a cruise with his wife. Such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maggie, I can't believe someone would run another person off the road deliberately. Your brother is an inspiration. Your card is so beautiful! I like putting sentiments on the insides of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. sometimes the only option is the sentiment on the inside . i have run into that when i have just gone wild with the embellishments. when there's no greeting on the outside , it leaves an air of mystery to what's inside . very inspiring and touching story about your brother

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Maggie, Thanks for sharing those stories. they really touched me! Your card is gorgeous. Love everything about it...I love the image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderfully inspirational story. Your card is beautiful and very fitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!