Follow Me

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunburst - OSAAT #204

Good morning!  Sorry about getting this up late.  After a stressful week, last night while I was taking my shower, my bathtub started to back up. Ick!  Lucky I was able to finish, but then got distracted from my blog post to trying to find a plumber to come out.  Couldn't get one for last night, but one should be here this morning sometime.  You know how it goes - they give you a window and you have no idea what time they'll show up. 

On to my card. Our theme this week is Use a Digi.  I was a little daunted when I got the images for this post.  Could not for the life of me figure out what to do with it.  Then I remembered the Starburst technique and thought it would be perfect for it.  This one is pretty CAS.
Materials Used:
  • Image - Stitchey Bear - Sunsigns IV
  • Sentiment - Computer generated
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Crushed Curry, Gold Metallic; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Authentique - Essentials Collection
  • Accessories - Nestabilities Classic Oval, Big Scalloped Oval; Martha Stewart double edge punch; Stampin Up Starfruit ribbon
Can you believe that I didn't have to use any Copic markers on this card.  ;)

The Sponsor for this weeks challenge is StitchyBear Digi Outlet with a 7 image prize pack.  To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store and please put an # after your name so we don't miss you.  Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  So everyone can win something
You must link to our challenge blog.  No backlinking, you project must be a new project, blogged after our challenge goes  live.

Hope to see your card show up on the OSAAT Challenge Blog. Hop on over and check out what the rest of the Design Team has to inspire you.




30 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Maggie, I love how you have created the rays from the sun using different papers, very clever and very effective. A beautiful creation hun :) Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked out beautifully and the sentiment fits perfectly! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so cheerful with the sunny colours and awesome star burst.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like how you used the sunburst technique with the variety of papers. Not tried that before but we had somewhat similar ideas to give the sun rays.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! That's a great technique (and one I haven't seen before.) It's so effective, that image might have been designed with that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did a great job with the sunburst technique. Such great papers for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative I love the different pattern papers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree, the sunburst technique was a perfect idea for your image... love the bright colors... looks wonderful Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, I love the sunburst! Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving some love!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I had the same issue with the digi :D You did a fabulous job remembering the starburst technique! Looks great. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, love the starburst pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just awesome Maggie! Your card came together perfectly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. maggie I love what you did with the paper and put IT in a sunburst! it is just gorgeous as is your paper. Best, one of your OSAAT DT Angels!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this background- and how perfect it is with your image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It might be CAS but it is a stunner Maggie - love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sun card looks very radiant! So pretty. Thanks for your lovely comment, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope your plumbing situation got fixed! Your card is amazing, the rays you made are awesome and add such a textured look that I want to reach out and touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card! I love that sunburst design, but haven't been brave enough to try it yet! Lovely job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope your plumber came out - love your card makes me feel warm just looking at it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card and perfect technique for the images. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maggie, your sunburst is gorgeous. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a happy card! We could sure use some sunshine in SC. We're on our 4th rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, love your sunburst background with the image and sentiment! Beautiful card Maggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a time you're having! What next? I would be stumped with that image, too, but you came up with a brilliant idea. Perfect, and so pretty! Sounds like you need a little sunshine in your life long about now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful technique. terrific patterned papers that you used

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful design. Perfect with the sunburst image.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Perfect design for the sentiment Maggie. So pretty! I hope you your plumbing problems have been solved. Hugs - Athina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic design

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Hope you have a fab day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  30. This turned out great! I love the technique!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!